As some of you may know, I made goals at the beginning of July. I wanted to make some pretty big ones, to see what I could really push myself to do. I think I did a pretty good job, although I left one unfinished. I have loved July and all of the craziness that it has brought me! Just for fun, here is a recap:
1. Keep my plants alive
Not only are my plants alive, but they are thriving. See those little guys? (I have to give a shout out to Alex and Taylor for helping me out big time with these while I was gone and for Alex’s garden expertise!)
2. Blog at least 5 times per week:
- The first week included: project life | find your voice | inspiration
- The second week included: project life | weekend wrap up | find your voice | find your voice (mind map) | mini book
- The third week included: weekend wrap up | project life | farmer’s market | find your voice | camera bag purse
- The fourth week included: weekend wrap up | find your voice | Taste of Columbia
- The fifth week included: downtown life | BAM
So obviously I didn’t complete this one!
3. Get serious about running: Although I haven’t posted about it, I started training for my 6.6 mile run (which takes place in October). I am using Hal Higdon’s training guide. It’s pretty intense and I have to get creative with cross training, but so far, so good!
4. Take at least 3 photos a day: Posted a ton of these to my Instagram account but here are some of my favorites:
6. Enjoy plenty of family time/relaxing in the sun: Totally loved being home for two weeks and spending a few of those days at the pool!
7. Try 8 new things: making my own pancake mix (trying to perfect it), watercolor (post coming soon), many different fish recipes from myfridgefood.com, a series of paintings (waiting to hang them), bringing along my camera every day, tons of macro lens photoshoots, a DIY calendar, a new restaurant
8. Complete each week’s prompt for Find You Voice:
Are you making goals for August? I would love to hear them!